Writing in the summer can help to keep your mind active and retain those factoids that you learned during the school year. Here are some tips you can use to help keep up with writing during the summer:
- Journal daily about all of the summer adventures that you have. If you're like me and think that your life is utterly uninteresting, try a theme journal, like a "thankful journal" where you write down something you are thankful for every day.
- Write one grammatically correct sentence a day. Not something easy either, challenge yourself!!
- Research a topic that you are interested in, perhaps a dream vacation destination, and write a little bit about it using the research you gathered. Be sure to use correct citations too!
- Read a book/magazine or go see a movie and write a review of it. Channel your inner Roger Ebert.
- Write a fascinating story about your dream summer vacation, because if you have no life, at least you can write about an interesting one. ;)