Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thank You for the APA tips

When I attended the APA presentation put on by Genevieve, I was not sure how much information I would retain, if any at all. But, I just wanted to let everyone know that it did pay off. In obtaining my degrees, like many others, I was mostly required to use MLA for research. The first time I worked with a student that was required to use APA, I looked for the handbook and ended up asking Genevieve for assistance, because I knew she was more familiar with it than I was. However, after attending Genevieve's presentation, the next time a student came in with an APA paper, I was not overwhelmed whatsoever. I realized that I had learned some key points. For example, I remembered that the year comes right after the author's name, which is so different than what I'm used to with MLA. Also, I am more confident looking things up in the handbook we have, having been so familiarized by the presentation. Therefore, I am offering thanks to all who had a part in the workshop. Thank you.

No comments: